Thursday 13 September 2007

Penal Code amendments

Parliament will sit next week. I'm working on two speeches, one on the proposed CPF changes and the other on the amendments to the en bloc legislation.

Work has also been a bit tough this past week and will be tough next week as well -- in fact I am quite exhausted thanks to a day-trip to KL today. (Waking up at 4.30am for a 7.10am flight is no joke!)

I'm also involved in some other activities. Plus I just adopted a stray kitten that my girlfriend's colleague's friend found. All in all, I'm beginning to wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew...

That's why I've not been posting at all. But something landed in my mailbox today. It was a notice paper from Parliament, announcing that the Penal Code (Amendment) Bill will be read for the first time this coming Monday. That means that presumably, the second reading (and the debate on the bill) will take place in October's sitting of Parliament.

I have no clue what the amendment bill will look like. I only know that I will be visiting the Parliament website to download and read the amendment bill, once it gets published there sometime on Monday. I expect it to be big news.

No comments: