Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Running to stand still

So it's almost 2 months to the day since my last post. Someone pointed out that I might expect more visitors to this blog today (thanks to this article in TODAY and an interview in ST which I don't currently have a link to), so I thought I should post something.

Since my last post, I've been busy -- first getting married ("finally!" some would say) and then swamped at work. But the super-busy period looks to have abated somewhat, so I hope to spend more time on NMP work.

I know I have a real backlog for this blog, covering my speeches from this year's Budget debates, my speech last month on the Films Act amendments, and some stuff from last year. I will endeavour to start reducing that next week -- after the upcoming Parliamentary sitting next Monday, when I will speak on the Public Order Bill.

9 comments:

vertigoer said...

Congrats to getting married.

"Start the family, build the career"

Kaffein said...

Congrats and blessings upon your wedding day!

Kaffein

yeu@nn said...

Congratulations, Mr Siew! And thanks for your thoughtful and insightful comments... personally, I was inspired by what you said in the ST interview, near the end of the article. :)

I support you... keep up the good fight and God bless!

Chee Wai Lee said...

Congrats!!

Continue with the good work! I look forward to getting more insight about how MPs (opposition or governing) do their work.

Btw, I take exception to PM Lee's reply to you regarding parliamentary debate. As far as I know, US Senate and House debates are by no means any less well-documented than Singapore's debates. Imho, he has merely dangled a red herring in front of you.

Weizhu said...

Running to stand still... U2 fan? :)

family man said...

Congrats, dear Sir.

Have no doubt - you are making a difference to the way our parliament works, and you will go down in history for making a change.

Thank you. God bless.

eddie said...

Congratulations, Siew 先生
很快的就要摆脱‘单身贵族’日后可享用更丰富的早餐了。先预祝你花团锦簇的婚礼成功。
如果你不在parliament历史将背负着我们的难过。My best NMP.

SEO Services Consultants said...

Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck! Web Design Company

rocky case said...

Stephen Stapinski

Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog. It's just amazing.... Thanks very much for the share.